JOURNAL STATEMENT ON PUBLICATION ETHICS
International Biological and Biomedical Journal (IBBJ) is a peer-reviewed journal. This statement spells out ethical behavior of all parties involved in the act of publishing an article for this journal, i.e. the author, the peer-reviewer, the chief editor and editors. This statement is based on COPE’s Best Practice Guidelines for Journal Editors. URL: http://publicationethics.org/files/u2/Best_Practice.pdf
Authors of IBBJ must confirm the following:
• Submitted manuscripts must be the original work of the author(s).
• Only unpublished manuscripts should be submitted.
• It is unethical to submit a manuscript to more than one journal concurrently.
• Any conflict of interest must be clearly stated.
• Acknowledge the sources of data used in the development of the manuscript.
• All errors discovered in the manuscript after submission must be swiftly communicated to the Editor.
• After receiving the final acceptance, authors can not claim the withdrawal of their manuscript.
• Authors should indicate whether the procedures followed were in accordance with the ethical standards of the responsible committee on human experimentation (institutional and national).
• When reporting experiments on animals, authors should be asked to indicate whether the institutional and national guide for the care and use of laboratory animals was followed.
Reviewers of IBBJ must confirm the following:
• That all manuscripts are reviewed in fairness based on the intellectual content of the paper regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, religion, citizenry nor political values of author(s).
• That any observed conflict of interest during the review process must be communicated to the Editor.
• That all information pertaining to the manuscript is kept confidential.
• That any information that may be the reason for the rejection of publication of a manuscript must be communicated to the Editor.
Chief editor and editors of IBBJ must confirm the following:
• That all manuscripts are evaluated in fairness based on the intellectual content of the paper regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, religion, citizenry nor political values of authors.
• That information pertaining manuscripts are kept confidential.
• That any observed conflict of interest pertaining manuscripts must be disclosed.
• The Editorial Board takes responsibility for making publication decisions for submitted manuscripts based on the reviewer’s evaluation of the manuscript, policies of the journal editorial board and legal restrain acting against plagiarism, libel and copyright infringement.